Place:


Wykeham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wykeham like this:

WICKHAM, a chapelry in Spalding parish, Lincoln; 3 miles NE of Spalding r. station. Post town, Spalding. Pop., 60. The manor belongs to R. Everard, Esq. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £117. Patron, Spalding Grammar School. The church is a ruin.

Additional information about this locality is available for Spalding

Wykeham through time

Wykeham is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wykeham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wykeham, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24621

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wykeham ".