Place:


Hollinfare  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hollinfare like this:

HOLLINFARE, a chapelry in Warrington parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, 2 miles N of Heatley and Warburton r. station, and 6 ENE of Warrington. Post town, Warburton, under Warrington. Pop., 752. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £136. Patron, the Rector of Warrington.

Additional information about this locality is available for Rixton

Hollinfare through time

Hollinfare is now part of Warrington district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warrington has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hollinfare itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hollinfare, in Warrington and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24589

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hollinfare ".