Place:


Hartshill  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hartshill like this:

HARTSHILL, a chapelry in Kingswinford parish, Stafford; 1 mile NE of Brierley Hill r. station. Posttown, Brierley Hill. The statistics are not separately returned. The living is a p. curacy annexed to the rectory of Brierley Hill, in the diocese of Lichfield. There are national schools.

Additional information about this locality is available for Brierley Hill

Hartshill through time

Hartshill is now part of Dudley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dudley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hartshill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hartshill, in Dudley and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24570

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hartshill ".