Place:


Forebridge  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Forebridge like this:

FOREBRIDGE, a chapelry in Castle-Church parish, Staffordshire; adjacent to the Northwestern and the Stafford and Shrewsbury railways, 1 mile SW of Stafford. Post town, Stafford. Rated property, £8, 000. Pop., 2, 531. Houses, 519. The property is much sub-divided. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £160.* Patron, the Incumbent of Castle-Church. The church is good; and there is a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Stafford

Forebridge through time

Forebridge is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Forebridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Forebridge, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24566

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Forebridge ".