Place:


Stonnall  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stonnall like this:

STONNAL, a chapelry in Sihenstone parish, Stafford; 2¾ miles SE of Brownhills r. station, and 4¾ SW of Lichfield. It was constituted in 1845; and it has a post-office under Walsall. Pop., 966. Houses, 189. The property is divided among a few. There is an ancient double-ditched camp. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £193.* Patron, the Vicar of Shenstone. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Shenstone

Stonnall through time

Stonnall is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stonnall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stonnall, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24462

Date accessed: 11th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stonnall ".