Place:


Wilmcote  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilmcote like this:

WILMCOTE, a chapelry, with a r. station, in Old Stratford parish, Warwick; on the Stratford-upon-Avon railway, 3 miles NW of Stratford-upon-Avon. Post town, Henley-in-Arden, under Birmingham. Pop., 424. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, not reported.* Patron, the Bishop of W.

Additional information about this locality is available for Stratford on Avon

Wilmcote through time

Wilmcote is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wilmcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilmcote, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24322

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wilmcote ".