Place:


Biscovey  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Biscovey like this:

BISCOVAY, or Par, a chapelry in St. Blazey and Tywardreath parishes, Cornwall; on the coast and on the Cornwall railway, 1½ mile S of Par station, and 5 SSW of Lostwithiel. It has a post office, of the name of Discovery, under Par station. It was constituted in 1845. Rated property, £3,237. Pop., 2,327. Houses, 483. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for St Blazey

Biscovey through time

Biscovey is now part of Restormel district. Click here for graphs and data of how Restormel has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Biscovey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Biscovey, in Restormel and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24316

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Biscovey ".