Place:


Ford  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ford like this:

FORD, Ford-Bridge, or Fordsbridge, a parochial chapelry in Leominster district, Hereford; on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 2½ miles SSE of Leominster. It has a station, of the name of Ford-Bridge, on the railway; and its post town is Leominster. Acres, 324. Pop., 29. Houses, 5. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £53. Patron, J. H. Arkwright, Esq. The church is very good.

Ford through time

Ford is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ford in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2430

Date accessed: 18th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ford ".