Mithian  Cornwall


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mithian like this:

MITHIAN, a chapelry in St. Agnes, Kea, Kenwyn, and Perranzabuloe parishes, Cornwall; near the coast, 6½ miles NW of Truro r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Truro. Pop. in 1861,2,085. Houses, 449. Pop. of the St. Agnes portion, 1,158; of the Kea portion, 131; of the Kenwyn portion, 486. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1862; and is in the decorated English style, cruciform, with W tower and spire.

Additional information about this locality is available for St Agnes

Mithian through time

Mithian is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mithian itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mithian, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 20th September 2021

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mithian ".