Place:


Hill  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hill like this:

HILL, a hamlet and a chapelry in Sutton-Coldfield parish, Warwick. The hamlet lies near a branch of the river Tame, the Birmingham and Lichfield railway, and the boundary with Stafford, 1½ mile N of Sutton-Coldfield. The chapelry was constituted in 1853; and its post town is Sutton-Coldfield, under Birmingham. Pop., 1, 246. Houses, 295. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Rector of Sutton-Coldfield. The church was built in 1835; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There is a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Sutton Coldfield

Hill through time

Hill is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hill, in Birmingham and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24235

Date accessed: 28th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hill ".