Place:


Boldmere  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boldmere like this:

BOLDMERE, a chapelry in Sutton-Coldfield parish, Warwick; near Sutton-Coldfield. It was constituted in 1858; and its Post Town is Sutton-Coldfield, under Birmingham. Pop., 848. Houses, 158. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £134.* Patron, the Rector of Sutton-Coldfield.

Additional information about this locality is available for Sutton Coldfield

Boldmere through time

Boldmere is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boldmere itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boldmere, in Birmingham and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24201

Date accessed: 28th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boldmere ".