Place:


Ham Haw  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ham Haw like this:

HAM HAW, or HAM HOUSE, a quondam seat on the N border of Surrey; near the confluence of the Wey and the Thames, in the vicinity of Weybridge. It belonged to the Howards; was given, by James II., to Catherine Sedley; and passed to the Earl of Portmore. It was suffered, some time ago, to pass into decay and neglect; and it has completely disappeared; but some fine old cedars which adorned its grounds still remain.

Additional information about this locality is available for Weybridge

Ham Haw through time

Ham Haw is now part of Elmbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Elmbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ham Haw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ham Haw, in Elmbridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24188

Date accessed: 27th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ham Haw ".