Place:


Sneyd  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sneyd like this:

SNEYD, a hamlet and a chapelry in Burslem parish, Stafford. The hamlet adjoins Burslem town, and participates in its industries. Real property, £11,256; of which £6,846 are in mines. Pop., 1,128. Houses, 223. -The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Post town, Burslem, under Stock-on-Trent. Pop., 3,071. Houses, 610. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1852. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Burslem

Sneyd through time

Sneyd is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sneyd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sneyd, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24167

Date accessed: 11th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sneyd ".