Place:


Elworth  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elworth like this:

ELWORTH, a chapelry in Sandbach and Warmingham parishes, Cheshire; on the Northwestern railway, and on the Trent and Mersey canal, 1½ mile NW of Sandbach. It was constituted in 1847; and its post town is Sandbach. Pop., 1, 153. Houses, 220. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120.* Patron, the Vicar of Sandbach.

Additional information about this locality is available for Sandbach

Elworth through time

Elworth is now part of Congleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Congleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elworth, in Congleton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24165

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elworth ".