Place:


Broughton  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:

BROUGHTON, a chapelry in Eccleshall parish, Stafford; 4½ miles W of Standon-Bridge r. station, and 6 miles E of Market-Drayton. Post Town, Ashley, under Market-Drayton. Acres, 590. Pop., 21. Houses, 2. Broughton Hall is an old Tudor mansion.-The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £110. Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church is small, and has a tower.

Additional information about this locality is available for Eccleshall

Broughton through time

Broughton is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24132

Date accessed: 19th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton ".