Place:


Brockmoor  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brockmoor like this:

BROCKMOOR, a chapelry in Kingswinford parish, Stafford; adjacent to the West Midland railway, a mile NW of Brierley Hill. It was constituted in 1844; and its Post Town is Brierley Hill. Pop., 3,844. Houses, 721. Most of the inhabitants are employed in coal and iron-works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is a neat structure; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kingswinford

Brockmoor through time

Brockmoor is now part of Dudley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dudley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brockmoor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brockmoor, in Dudley and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24131

Date accessed: 22nd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brockmoor ".