Place:


Halliford  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Halliford like this:

HALLIFORD, a manor and two hamlets on the SW border of Middlesex. The manor lies on the river Thames, 3 miles ENE of Chertsey; belongs to the Lumley family; and has a post office under Chertsey. The hamlets are Lower H. and Upper H.; and the former is in Shepperton parish, -the latter in Sunbury parish.

Additional information about this locality is available for Shepperton

Halliford through time

Halliford is now part of Spelthorne district. Click here for graphs and data of how Spelthorne has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Halliford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Halliford, in Spelthorne and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24060

Date accessed: 27th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Halliford ".