Place:


West Pinchbeck  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Pinchbeck like this:

PINCHBECK (West), a chapelry in Pinchbeck parish, Lincoln; 4½ miles N W of Spalding r. station. It was constituted in 1851; and it has a post-office under Spalding. Pop., 1, 415. Houses, 281. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £210.* Patron, the Vicar of Pinchbeck. The church was built in 1849.

Additional information about this locality is available for Pinchbeck

West Pinchbeck through time

West Pinchbeck is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Pinchbeck itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Pinchbeck, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24050

Date accessed: 22nd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Pinchbeck ".