Place:


Keyhaven  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keyhaven like this:

KEYHAVEN, a tything, with a village, in Milford parish, Hants; on the coast, opposite Hurst Castle, 3 miles SSW of Lymington. It has a post office under Lymington; and it forms a ready point of proceeding, by boat, to Hurst Castle. Real property, £1, 140. Pop., 22. A hurricane, in Nov. 1839, drove hither such an extraordinary tide as overflowed and damaged the land, and seriously imperilled the village.

Additional information about this locality is available for Milford on Sea

Keyhaven through time

Keyhaven is now part of New Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how New Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Keyhaven itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keyhaven, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24029

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Keyhaven ".