Place:


Dorrington  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dorrington like this:

DORRINGTON, a chapelry, with a village, in Condover parish, Salop; on an affluent of the river Severn, and on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 6¼ miles S of Shrewsbury. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Shrewsbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop., 382. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £127.* Patron, T. H. H. Edwards, Esq. The church is recent; and there is an Independent chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Condover

Dorrington through time

Dorrington is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dorrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dorrington, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24018

Date accessed: 15th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dorrington ".