Place:


Woburn Sands  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woburn Sands like this:

WOBURN-SANDS, a hamlet in Wavendon parish, Bucks, and a chapelry partly also in Aspley-Guise parish, Beds. The hamlet lies on the Bedford and Bletchley railway, 3 miles ENE of Fenny-Stratford; and has a post-office under Woburn, and a r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1867. Pop., 850. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £166. Patron, the Duke of Bedford. There are chapels for Quakers and Wesleyans, and a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Woburn

Woburn Sands through time

Woburn Sands is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woburn Sands itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woburn Sands, in Milton Keynes and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23829

Date accessed: 28th February 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woburn Sands ".