Place:


Wareside  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wareside like this:

WARESIDE, a chapelry in Ware and Thundridge parishes, Herts; 2 miles NNE of Ware r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and its Post town is Ware. Pop., 696. Houses, 132. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £149.* Patron, the Vicar of Ware. The church is in the Lombardic style-There are a grammar-school and a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ware

Wareside through time

Wareside is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wareside itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wareside in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23799

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wareside ".