Place:


St Johns Common  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Johns Common like this:

JOHN'S-COMMON (ST.), a chapelry in Clayton and Keymer parishes, Sussex; 1 mile NW of Burgess Hill r. station, and 3 NNE of Hurstperpoint. It has a postoffice under Hurstperpoint. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chichester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rector of Clayton. The church was built in 1863, and is noticed in the article CLAYTON.

Additional information about this locality is available for Burgess Hill

St Johns Common through time

St Johns Common is now part of Mid Sussex district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Sussex has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Johns Common itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Johns Common in Mid Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23750

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Johns Common ".