Place:


Westcott  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westcott like this:

WESTCOTT, a chapelry in Dorking parish, Surrey; 1¾ mile W by S of Dorking r. station. It was constituted in 1852; and it has a post-office under Dorking. Pop., 1,060. Houses, 219. The manor belongs to W. J. Evelyn, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £155.* Patron, A. K. Barclay, Esq. The church was built in 1852. There are a Calvinistic chapel and a national school.

Westcott through time

Westcott is now part of Mole Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mole Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westcott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westcott, in Mole Valley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23748

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westcott ".