Place:


Earls Court  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Earls Court like this:

EARLS-COURT, a chapelry in Kensington parish, Middlesex; in the south-western outskirts of London, immediately S of Kensington and NW of New Brompton. It was constituted in 1858; and it has a post office‡ under Brompton, London SW. Pop., 5, 264. Houses, 707. Earls-Court House was the seat of Sir R. Blackmore. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. J. D. Claxton.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kensington

Earls Court through time

Earls Court is now part of Kensington and Chelsea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kensington and Chelsea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Earls Court itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Earls Court, in Kensington and Chelsea and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23700

Date accessed: 26th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Earls Court ".