Place:


Eridge Green  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eridge Green like this:

ERIDGE GREEN, a village in Frant parish, and a chapelry in Frant and Rotherfield parishes, Sussex. The village stands near the Brighton and Tunbridge-Wells railway, 2¾ miles SW by W of T-Wells; and has a post office under T-Wells, and a r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1856. Pop., 575. Houses, 113. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Earl of Abergavenny.

Eridge Green through time

Eridge Green is now part of Wealden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wealden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eridge Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eridge Green, in Wealden and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23671

Date accessed: 22nd January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eridge Green ".