Place:


Ranmore  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ranmore like this:

RANMER, or Ranmore, a chapelry in Great Bookham, Little Bookham, Dorking, Mickleham, and Effingham parishes, Surrey; averagely 2 miles N W of Dorking r. station. It was constituted in 1860; and it has a post-office, of the name of Ranmer-Common, under Dorking. Pop., 275. Houses, 50. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £150.* Patron, G. Cubitt, Esq. The church was built in 1860; is cruciform and handsome; has a tower, with lofty spire; and forms a conspicuous object for many miles around.

Ranmore through time

Ranmore is now part of Mole Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mole Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ranmore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ranmore, in Mole Valley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23669

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ranmore ".