Place:


Northwood  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Northwood like this:

NORTHWOOD, a hamlet in Ruislip parish, Middlesex, and a chapelry partly also in Rickmansworth and Watford parishes, Herts. The hamlet lies adjacent to Herts, 2¾ miles S S E of Rickmansworth r. station. The chapelry. was constituted in 1854; and its post town is Rickmansworth, Herts. Rated property, £9, 897. Pop., 451. Houses, 99. Pop. of the Ruislip portion, 265; of the Rickmansworth portion, 141. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, £120. Patron, Lord Ebury. The church was built in 1854.

Northwood through time

Northwood is now part of Hillingdon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hillingdon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Northwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Northwood, in Hillingdon and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23636

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Northwood ".