Place:


London Docks  Middlesex

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described London Docks like this:

London Docks, eccl. dist., St George in the East and Shadwell pars., Middlesex, pop. 7548; the London Docks, at Wapping, were opened in 1805, and contain 90 ac.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wapping

London Docks through time

London Docks is now part of Tower Hamlets district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tower Hamlets has changed over two centuries. For statistics about London Docks itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of London Docks, in Tower Hamlets and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23632

Date accessed: 24th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " London Docks ".