Place:


Boyne Hill  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boyne Hill like this:

BOYNE-HILL, a chapelry, with a railway station, in Bray parish, Berks; on the Great Western railway, in the southern vicinity of Maidenhead. Post Town, Maidenhead. Pop., 1,071. The living in a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £120.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was built in 1857, and is in the Gothic style and ornate. There are national schools.

The location is that of Boyne Hill church, and also approximately where the name "Boyne Hill" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Maidenhead

Boyne Hill through time

Boyne Hill is now part of Windsor and Maidenhead district. Click here for graphs and data of how Windsor and Maidenhead has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boyne Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boyne Hill, in Windsor and Maidenhead and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23581

Date accessed: 21st September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boyne Hill ".