Place:


Hampton Hill  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hampton Hill like this:

HAMPTON (NEW), a village and a chapelry in Hampton parish, Middlesex. The village stands on the N verge of the parish, near Hampton r. station, 2½ miles NW of Kingston-on-Thames; and is considerable. The chapelry was constituted in 1863; and its post town is Hampton, under London SW. Pop. about 1, 000. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Hampton. The church was built in 1 863; is in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell turret.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hampton

Hampton Hill through time

Hampton Hill is now part of Richmond upon Thames district. Click here for graphs and data of how Richmond upon Thames has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hampton Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hampton Hill, in Richmond upon Thames and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23576

Date accessed: 24th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hampton Hill ".