Place:


Northend  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Northend like this:

NORTHEND, a metropolitan suburb and a chapelry, in Fulham parish, Middlesex. The suburb lies N of Fulham, W of Hyde-park-corner, immediately S by E of Hammersmith; and has a postal wall-box under London S W, and ready access to railway stations. The chapelrywas constituted in 1835. Pop., 3, 702. ...


Houses, 504. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, not reported. Patrons, the Rev. S. by ers and MajorH. by ers. The church stands on the highroad from Hammersmith to Kensington, and was built in 1814. There are national schools. The painter Cypriani, the musician Dr. Crotch, and the novelist Richardson were residents.

Northend through time

Northend is now part of Hammersmith and Fulham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hammersmith and Fulham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Northend itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Northend, in Hammersmith and Fulham and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23381

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Northend ".