Place:


Hinton Admiral  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hinton Admiral like this:

HINTON-ADMIRAL, a hamlet and a chapelry in Christchurch parish, Hants. The hamlet lies 2 miles N of Christchurch bay, and 3 NE of Christchurch r. station. Real property, £1, 829. Pop., 334. The chapelry includes the hamlet, but does not seem to have definite limits. Post town, Christchurch. Hinton House is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £72. Patrons, Sir G. Gervis, Bart. and the Vicar of Christchurch.

Hinton Admiral through time

Hinton Admiral is now part of New Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how New Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hinton Admiral itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hinton Admiral, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23297

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hinton Admiral ".