Place:


Aston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston like this:

ASTON, a chapelry in Oswestry parish, Salop; on the Llanymynech canal, and the Shrewsbury and Oswestry railway, 3¼ miles SE of Oswestry. Post Town, Oswestry. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, not reported. Patron, Mrs. Lloyd of Aston Park.

Aston through time

Aston is now part of Oswestry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Oswestry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston, in Oswestry and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23042

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aston ".