Place:


Kings Heath  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Heath like this:

KINGS-HEATH, a chapelry in Kings-Norton parish, Worcester; near the Birmingham and Worcester railway, and near the boundary with Staffordshire, 3 miles SW of Birmingham. It was formed in 1861; and it has a post office under Birmingham. Pop., about 1, 460. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £160. Patron, the Incumbent of Moseley. The church was built in 1861, at a cost of £2, 160; is in the early decorated style; and comprises nave, aisle, and chancel, with a tower. There is a Baptist chapel.

Kings Heath through time

Kings Heath is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kings Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Heath, in Birmingham and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22954

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kings Heath ".