Place:


Cleeve  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cleeve like this:

CLEEVE, a chapelry in Yatton parish, Somerset; on the Bristol and Exeter railway, near Yatton station, 7½ miles N of Axbridge. It has a post office under Yatton, Somerset. It was constituted in 1843. Pop., 406. Houses, 89. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £75. Patron, the Vicar of Yatton. The church is very good.

Cleeve through time

Cleeve is now part of North Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cleeve itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cleeve in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22811

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cleeve ".