Place:


Bayston Hill  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bayston Hill like this:

BAYSTON-HILL, a chapelry in the parishes of Condover-and St. Julian, Salop; on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 1 mile N of Condover station, and 3½ S of Shrewsbury. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post office under Shrewsbury. Pop., 605. Houses, 13 4. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £140.* Patron, the Vicar of St. Julian.

Bayston Hill through time

Bayston Hill is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bayston Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bayston Hill, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22802

Date accessed: 09th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bayston Hill ".