Place:


Chacewater  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chacewater like this:

CHASEWATER, or CHACEWATER, a village in Kenwyn parish, and a chapelry in Kenwyn and Kea parishes, Cornwall. The village stands adjacent to the Cornwall railway, 5½ miles WSW of Truro; is inhabited chiefly by miners; and has a station on the railway, and a post office‡ under Scorrier, Cornwall, and fairs on 24 April and 27 Sept. The chapelry was coustituted in 1837. Pop., 4, 629. Houses, 962. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Kenwyn. There are two Independent and two Baptist chapels.

Chacewater through time

Chacewater is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chacewater itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chacewater, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22676

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chacewater ".