Place:


Lostock  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lostock like this:

LOSTOCK, a township in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; on the Bolton and Preston railway, 4 miles W of Bolton. It is connected ecclesiastically with West Houghton chapelry. Acres, 1,426. Real property, £2,146. Pop., 580. Houses, 121. Lostock Hall here is a timbered house of 1563, with oriels; belonged to the Andertons; and passed to the Blundells. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Lostock through time

Lostock is now part of Bolton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bolton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lostock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lostock, in Bolton and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22540

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lostock ".