Place:


Cramond Bridge  West Lothian

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Cramond Bridge like this:

Cramond Bridge, a hamlet in Cramond parish, at the boundary between Edinburgh and Linlithgow shires, on the river Almond, and on the Queensferry highroad, 5 miles WNW of Edinburgh, and 1¼ mile SSW of Cramond village. It has a post office under Cramond, a good inn, and an eight-arched bridge, erected in 1823. See Braehead.

Cramond Bridge through time

Cramond Bridge is now part of Edinburgh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Edinburgh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cramond Bridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cramond Bridge, in Edinburgh and West Lothian | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22380

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cramond Bridge".