Place:


Cardenden  Fife

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Cardenden like this:

Cardenden, a glen and a village, with a station, in Auchterderran parish, SW Fife. The glen extends N and S; is about 1 mile long, wide, unwooded, and fertile; has rich substrata of coal; and is crossed, at the N end, by the Thornton and Dunfermline branch of the North British railway. The village with the station is there, ¾ mile S by E of Auchterderran village, and 5¾ miles WSW of Thornton Junction.

Cardenden through time

Cardenden is now part of Fife district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fife has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cardenden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cardenden in Fife | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22361

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cardenden ".