Place:


Little Fransham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Fransham like this:

FRANSHAM (Little), a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the East Anglian railway, near Fransham station, 5¾ miles ENE of Swaffham. Post town, Great Fransham, under Thetford. Acres, 1, 029. Real property, £1, 975. Pop., 256. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £400.* Patron, the Rev. A. W. Langton. The church is early English, without a tower; and contains a curious font and a piscina. There are a Church school and a fuel allotment.

Little Fransham through time

Little Fransham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Fransham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Fransham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2235

Date accessed: 01st December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Fransham ".