Place:


Blackhall  Midlothian

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Blackhall like this:

Blackhall, a village on the mutual border of St Cuthbert's, Corstorphine, and Cramond parishes, Edinburghshire, on the road from Edinburgh to Queensferry, 2¼ miles W by N of Edinburgh- It has a head post office, with telegraph department. Craigleith quarry, St Cuthbert's workhouse, Blinkbonny, Ravelston House, Craigcrook, and the eastern skirts of Corstorphine Hill are in its vicinity.

Blackhall through time

Blackhall is now part of Edinburgh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Edinburgh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blackhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blackhall, in Edinburgh and Midlothian | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22344

Date accessed: 24th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blackhall ".