Place:


Ardallie  Aberdeenshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Ardallie like this:

Ardallie, a quoad sacra parish in Old Deer, Cruden, Ellon, and Longside parishes, Aberdeenshire. Its post-town is Mintlaw; and its population, in 1871, was 523 within Old Deer, 481 within Cruden, 293 within Ellon, and 59 within Longside-altogether 1356. The parish is in the presbytery of Deer and synod of Aberdeen. Stipend, £150. Two public schools, with respective accommodation for 110 and 60 children, had (1879) an average attendance of 72 and 37, and grants of £46, 2s. and £30, 19s. 6d.

The location is that of Ardallie church. "Ardallie" is named at this location on the modern 1:50,000 map.

Ardallie through time

Ardallie is now part of Aberdeenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aberdeenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ardallie itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ardallie in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22336

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ardallie ".