Place:


Tenandry  Perthshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Tenandry like this:

Tenandry, a quoad sacra parish in Athole district, Perthshire. Constituted in 1836 by the presbytery, and reconstituted in 1851 by the Court of Teinds, it is in the presbytery of Dunkeld and the synod of Perth and Stirling. Stipend, £121. The church, near the right bank of the Garry, 1 mile S of Killiecrankie station, was built in 1836, and contains 430 sittings and a harmonium(1884). Pop. (1871) 530, (1881) 497, of whom 55 belonged to Blair Athole, 212 to Dull, and 230 to Moulin.—Ord. Sur., sh. 55, 1869.

The location is that marked as Tenandry on modern 1:25,000 maps.

Tenandry through time

Tenandry is now part of Perth and Kinross district. Click here for graphs and data of how Perth and Kinross has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tenandry itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tenandry, in Perth and Kinross and Perthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22281

Date accessed: 16th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tenandry ".