Place:


Milesmark  Fife

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Milesmark like this:

Milesmark, a village on the mutual border of Dunfermline parish and Inverkeithing (detached), Fife, 1¾ mile WNW of Dunfermline town. It stands conjoint with Parknook or Blackburn village, and adjoins the Elgin Colliery. Pop. of the two villages (1861) 755, (1871) 668, (1881) 439, of whom 194 were in Inverkeithing.—Ord. Sur., sh. 40, 1867.

Milesmark through time

Milesmark is now part of Fife district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fife has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milesmark itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milesmark in Fife | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22219

Date accessed: 30th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milesmark ".