Place:


Hatton  Aberdeenshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Hatton like this:

Hatton, a village in Cruden parish, E Aberdeenshire, 8 miles NE of Ellon, under which it has a post office. At it are a branch of the Union Bank, a public school, and Cruden Free church (1844), which last was the nucleus of the village, and after which it at first was called the Free Kirkton of Cruden.—Ord. Sur., sh. 87, 1876.

Hatton through time

Hatton is now part of Aberdeenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aberdeenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hatton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatton in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22148

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hatton".