Place:


Wendy  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wendy like this:

WENDY, a parish in the district of Royston and county of Cambridge; 5 miles NNW of Royston r. station. Post town, Arrington, under Royston. Acres, 947. Real property, £1,477. Pop., 128. Houses, 26. The property be1ongs to the trustees of the late Hon. T. Windsor. The living is a vicarage, united with Shingay, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200.* Patrons, the Trustees of the Hon. T. Windsor. The church was rebuilt in 1867. There is an endowed school with £30 a year.

Wendy through time

Wendy is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wendy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wendy in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2207

Date accessed: 18th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wendy ".