Place:


Blackburn  Aberdeenshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Blackburn like this:

Blackburn, a village near the meeting-point of Newhills, Dyce, and Kinnellar parishes, Aberdeenshire, 9 miles NW of Aberdeen. It has a post office under Aberdeen, a Free church, and a public school, which, with accommodation for 87 children, had (1879) an average attendance of 80, and a grant of £65, 8s.

Blackburn through time

Blackburn is now part of Aberdeenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aberdeenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blackburn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blackburn in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21974

Date accessed: 31st March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blackburn ".