Place:


St Davids  Perthshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described St Davids like this:

Davids, St, a village in Madderty parish, Perthshire, on the estate of Craig of Madderty, 1¾ mile S by W of Madderty station. Founded by the late Lady Baird Preston of Fern Tower, it superseded a decayed old burgh of barony, and is a beautiful place, with a handsome endowed schoolhouse.

St Davids through time

St Davids is now part of Perth and Kinross district. Click here for graphs and data of how Perth and Kinross has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Davids itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Davids, in Perth and Kinross and Perthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21915

Date accessed: 18th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Davids ".